Reliance Jio has already emerged as one of the biggest telecom operators in India — with nationwide 4G VoLTE connectivity.
The operator sells competitive prepaid and postpaid plans to attract customers. It also offers benefits including Disney+ Hotstar VIP access and complimentary subscription to Jio apps.
Additionally, Jio provides benefits such as packs for in-flight connectivity and long-validity packs specifically for prepaid customers.
The arrival of Jio in the network provider space a few years back has intensified the competition among the various networks.
Jio has been alluring a large number of subscribers from other popular networks to the Jio domain by announcing some highly attractive rates, tariffs, and free offers.
If you are a Vodafone subscriber looking forward to PORT TO JIO, follow these simple steps to port. By the way, porting is the process through which your existing number will move to the new network you are porting to.
Hence you can continue to use your same number under the new network.
Jio allows you to port your mobile number to both its prepaid and postpaid services and through online and offline channels. You need to keep your original address and identity proof handy. The proof could be your driving licence or any other legitimate address and identity document.
Like other operators, Jio provides doorstep delivery of the new SIM card, though you also have the option to visit a nearby Jio Store or Jio Retailer with your mobile phone to get porting done. You can also use the MyJio app on your phone to book the delivery of the new SIM.
- To start the SIM porting process from Vodafone to Jio network, you need to first send an SMS to 1900 from the number you wish to port. In the message box, type in <PORT<space><your 10-digit mobile number>.
- You will get an SMS from the Vodafone network which will contain the details like the UPC code [Universal Product Code] and also the expiry details.
- Once this is done, visit the app store download the MyJio App on your phone. Open the app and follow the guidelines to generate a Jio coupon code.
- Drop-in at any Reliance Jio/Digital/Dx mini retail store located near you. You must carry your smartphone, UPC code, and Jio coupon code.
- The personnel at the store will ask you to provide address proof and identity proof. You can furnish any of the approved documents to this end. You will also be asked to give your passport size photographs.
- Now your Jio connection will get activated at the store.
- If you are a Vodafone post-paid subscriber, you must ensure to clear all the outstanding dues with Vodafone before starting the porting process.
- Once these steps are fulfilled, the porting process from Vodafone to Jio will happen in about 7 working days. Till then you can continue to use your Vodafone number without any interruptions.